Monday 13 February 2012

Revival

It has been 4 years since my last post, my last extended trip. Four YEARS. Wow. In between I've had a few adventures; Belize, Philippines (x3), Brazil, Finland and a few new North American destinations. Generally these trips have been two weeks or less, long enough to see some sights but short enough to leave the computer at home and relax. But I'm headed out again on a longer venture, this time to explore South East Asia in a combination work and recreation trip through Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. So I fired up the blog, refreshed the look, and am ready to report on the daily events from the road.  Part of the motivation is to keep family and friends posted on the adventure, but an unexpected result of my China experience was the daily log of life in another country that I turned into a travel keepsake book using Blurb.  It is great reminder of the challenges and joys of adapting to a new culture.  So stay tuned for a new Asian adventure...

Some sights from the last four years.

Philippines
Philippines - Mindinao

Sao Paulo

Weekend before Carnival

Pracitice for Carnival - Sao Paulo

Belize - Glover's Atoll

Entrance to ATM cave - Belize

Butterfly Farm - Belize


Helsinki - Finland

2 comments:

Heidi, Stationery Scoop said...

Wow, gorgeous photos and amazing adventures! I'm glad you're back with your blog. I always love reading your posts. Looking forward to many more! Heidi

Mavis said...

Thanks Heidi! I'm looking forward to the new adventure.