Sunday 25 November 2012

Ready, Set, Goa

I had to borrow that title from Kara because it was just too funny.

I'm en route to India. If you had asked me a few months ago where I would love to go next, India was not even on the list.  Sorry India but the tales of digestive trauma, poverty and chaos just didn't have me dying to sign up. However, as it goes with many of my adventures, something came up through work and I jumped at the chance to see this diverse and colourful country.  I am going to make an attempt to not focus on the negative bits that you so often hear and highlight all the great things I discover.  That said, as I'm flying out of Toronto, I see an article in the Globe that claims Mumbai is the  world leader in number of poor people in one city with 2.5 million people living on $13/month. Wow. 

But for now I'm in the polite, orderly city of Munich in what has to be one of the worst flight plans I've ever signed up for. I'm currently at 23 hours of transit time with another 12 or so hours before I get to be horizontal again. Ugh.

Here's a little taste of my 10 hour layover in Munich. Pretty city. Talk to you again in Amritsar.

1 comment:

Laura said...

wow. that's some travel schedule!!
love the pic of Marienplatz & the Glockenspiel. i miss Germany. good luck in your pod. Schöne Reise.

-Laura Roy