Thursday 10 April 2008

ei, er, san...



That is 1, 2, 3 .. cheese. Here's a quick picture show and update. We are trying to slam a month's worth of sightseeing into one week in Nanjing plus finishing off teaching duties. Speaking of which... I'M DONE! Not that I am excited AT ALL. Wow that was tough.


So here's the 2 minute update since Shanghai before I have to get back to correcting papers and packing.


Teaching update: Failed a kid for talking/cheating during the final quiz. Otherwise the last week was pretty good.


Here's a picture with some students from my undergrad class. They are so cute.





The department actually cancelled my graduate class so they could have a going away party for us. Can you imagine? They told 29 students to rearrange their schedules so we could have a party. Poor kids. and here's a couple magic moments from the party.








Weird food tried: preserved egg (black) and duck's tongue. Yes, that's the whole tongue.

Sightseeing update: Today we finally got to Purple and Gold Mountain to see the Ming Tomb and Dr. Sun Yatsen Mausoleum. Sun Yat-Sen was the founder of modern day China. First in after all the emperors. and when they honour someone here they do it up right. 392 steps to the top. Not to mention the two miles to get to the stairs. I definitely worked of those duck's tongues.


Ming Tomb park


Ming Tomb complete with walls.









Dr. Sun Yat-sen's Mausoleum



392 steps from here:




to get to here:




Tibet replacement plans are as follows:

Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors and biking the city wall
Guilin - Rice Terraces, Li River, caves and mountains (oh my)
Chongqing city tour - you can't travel to a city of 30 MILLION people and not take a look around. I can only imagine what this will look like
Yangtze River/Three Gorges cruise.
Beijing - as scheduled
HOME!!! To our newly renovated, spa suite guest room and bathroom. I can't wait to see it and I have lots of new things to decorate with.

OK - I'm done. I'll check back one more time before we go and then who knows what kind of Internet access we will have. Hell, we still don't have our itinerary from the travel agent and we leave in two days. ah China.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete, what's with the hand pushy thing?
Isn't that the pose people use when they are pretending to be holding up the leaning tower of Pisa?