Wednesday 23 April 2008

homeward bound


We leave China today at 4:20 pm and I am counting the hours. I have never looked forward to going home as much as this trip. It's not that I don't like China I would just rather experience it in small doses. We've had a lifetime of experiences in the last week. We spent four days on a boat travelling up the Yangtze River, cruised through the Three Gorges, spent 3.5 hours going through the locks of the largest hydro project in the world, The Three Gorges Dam, walked around Tienanmen Square, the Forbidden City and the grand finale - hiked the Great Wall. And that is how Peter spent his birthday - climbing the Great Wall. Not a bad way to spend a birthday.



I will post some of the pictures from the last week when I get home. I hope you have all enjoyed this little adventure with me. I'll keep the blog up for family and friends to see some of the latest projects around home but that will definitely be a little more mundane than the last two months.

Good bye China with your long history, famous sites, great shopping, pollution, spitting, crowds, food poisoning (I'm suffering through my second bout of it), crazy food, and painfully slow, limited Internet connections. Good bye China Blogger. I still have no idea what you say but I know you work.


There's no place like home ...

No comments: