Monday 21 May 2012

Big Day


I am hours away from meeting Dr. Earle.  I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am without a prolific and annoying use of exclamation points.  The Bahamian Reefs Hope Spots expedition is about to begin.  Stay tuned and you will be treated to some photos from my new GoPro camera.  I’ll be testing this little gem out on the swimming pigs of Staniel Cay.  I kid you not. Wild pigs. Swimming. In the ocean.


But if you head over to the Sylvia Earle Alliance blog (http://blog.sylviaearlealliance.org/)  and you will be treated to even better photos by Kip Evans, professional photographer, underwater explorer, and award-winning cinematographer (http://kipevansphotography.com/). This man deserves a medal just for putting up with my incessant emails requiring reassurance that I had a place on this trip. In my defense, it really was too unbelievable to believe him the first three times he told me he had a spot. I’m sorry Kip. Thank-you for being a patient and understanding expedition organizer.  You’ve put together an amazing itinerary.

here i go...

No comments: